Ebay Finds // Lime Crime Velvetine Dupes!

/
2 Comments
Today I'm going to be reviewing these Lime Crime Velvetines (£1.26) I found on eBay, I admittedly spend way too much of my time scrolling through eBay seeing if I can find anything worth buying, whilst trying not to make my bank account cry, and I stumbled across these liquid lipsticks. As they're only £1.26 I thought I'd might as well try them! 

I can't say I'm a supporter of Lime Crime products (you can google the drama surrounding that brand if you wish), however I have heard good things about the velvetines so when I found these dupes I was quite exited. I ordered 12 of these liquid lipsticks but one didn't arrive (shade pansy, I got a refund all is well) and I've already managed to loose one! They took around three weeks to arrive, but the estimated delivery date what much later than that so I was happily suprised!

▵above:cashmere▵
First off these liquid lipsticks are excellent value for money! The packaging is quite cute and they defiantly don't feel like I spent less than £2 on them! A few of the colours are go a bit streaky and take some building up but it's nothing worth complaining about. 

They last for so long on the lips, I really didn't expect the wear to be as good as it is, however a downfall to these liquid lips is that they dry your lips out like nobodys business. After 2/3 hours of wearing these lipsticks your lips feel like could actually shrivel up and fall off, on the upside you can't tell by looking at them! The liquid lipsticks stay put and still look nice, so if you can deal with the dry feeling it doesn't make them unwearable. 

▵above:wicked▵
I will say that, like with most liquid lipsticks, you do get the ring of doom on the centre of your lips and if you eat anything with oil in it the product does start to break down, so not ideal for meals out! I like to wear these for work when I'm doing weddings as I'm there for hours, I don't have time to be touching up my makeup and I also don't have time to eat so I don't have to worry about that haha

Over all I really like these liquid lipsticks, I would recommend giving them a go. If you just buy one to try the formula and don't like it you've only spent £1.26 on them so it's really not that bad! Let me know if you've tried these and what your favourite liquid lipstick brand is! 
Thanks for reading, 



You may also like

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post! The only thing I would be wary of is the ingredients as what they used probably wasn't listed. The colors look very vibrant for the price!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit worried about that when I first got them but I put my trust in the reviews they already had haha And I've worn them all day before now and have had no problems at all so I think they should be fine! They really are suprisingly good products for the price! xx

      Delete