Tutorial Review // P.Louise Blown Out Smokey Eye!

/
4 Comments

Today I'm going to be sharing my opinions on P.Louise Makeup Academys first video tutorial. First off if you're not sure what Plouise is, its a makeup academy based in Manchester, they offer courses and master classes as well as taking normal hair and makeup appointments. In my opinion Plouise is quite different from other makeup academys, just because of the style of makeup they do. Its a very heavy, intense style of makeup but absolutely gorgeous (not for everyone as Plouise herself admits, but amazing none the less!)


Recently they've come out with their first online tutorial, which unlike most tutorials, you have to pay for. The first video (the one I'm reviewing today) is an introductory price of £4.99, the rest will be £19.99 or you can buy a yearly subscription, which is £299 for a year with a guarantee of 84 videos (so if you was going to buy them all you'd save over £1,000 with this subscription!) You get the videos for 48 hours and then they expire, its available on the website vimeo, its easy to sign up and you can pay through PayPal.


I was quite sceptical about these videos and having to pay for them, I fully understand why they haven't made them free, because they'd loose business if every Tom, Dick and Harry knew how to get that Plouise finish, but I thought, why am I paying for something I get on YouTube for free? After watching the video I do think it is well worth it though, the camera quality and editing is such good quality, you get a full run through of every product she uses with captions saying what the product is and the name of it, also includes the brushes she works with and explains the techniques. The video goes into detail on everything she does and why she does it and how its different from what a lot of other artists do.


The video is in a voice over style and sped up a tiny bit, but not so much that you miss bits. The video covers a full makeup application from start to finish, eye, face and lips of a purple blown out smokey eye. Overall I think the videos are worth money and I will be buying more (the next one looks amazing!), however I won't be getting the yearly subscription as personally I'd prefer to pick out certain ones that catch my eye. I do think that £19.99 is a little bit steep for 48 hours worth of time to watch it in, I think maybe a week would be better, but you can take notes and write down all the products so its not too bad, and they can only get better than this one as it was a tester!

Heres a few pictures of my interpretation of the look shown in the video!


It's not exact but I do love this makeup look!! I also need to run out and get a MAC 224 brush and more maybelline gel eyeliner as the video confirmed what I've thought for a long time, it is the best!!


Thanks for reading,

Follow on Bloglovin


You may also like

4 comments:

  1. Great post!
    I'm going to them on Thursday, just wondering what camera you use to take photos of your makeup?

    Many thanks
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I use the canon 700D for all my pictures! :)

      Delete
  2. That’s beautiful work you did. Do you truly attribute that work to the video or were you already pretty good before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also how will we know what we’ll need before watching the video? Thanks doll

    ReplyDelete