First Impressions // MAC Edit!

/
4 Comments

I recently placed a little order at MAC Cosmetics and I thought I'd do a first impressions on what I got! I've tried all of these products once and most of them I really like but I do regret buying one of them!


First is the Studio Fix Fluid foundation in NC15 (£22.00), I do already own this foundation in a darker shade and its one of my favourites, I have quite dry skin and this foundation is very glowy. It doesn't stick to dry patches or cake up during the day, and this shade is perfect for when I'm not fake tanned!


Next is a lip liner in Stone (£12.50), I know alot of people don't really like MAC lipliners but I actually like them a lot! They're not too creamy, so I find it quite easy to over line your lips very neatly. My lip products never bleed over them and they're not too bad price wise. This colour is quite a grey toned brown and I love it!! I wore it all day Monday underneath velvet teddy and it is well on it's way to becoming my new favourite lip combo!


Last is the MAC 224 brush (£23.00) and honestly I'm not too impressed with this, first off it is tiny, I don't know if I accidentally bought a travel size, if all MAC brushes are child size I have no idea, however I'd expect better for £23.00! The brush hairs really aren't that soft and I own better quality brushes from Zoeva for a fraction of the price! This is the first MAC brush I've ever bought and it will be last, I much prefer my bold metals/Zoeva brushes, I wouldn't recommend this at all! (UPDATE: I did accidently purchase the short handled brush which i'm gutted about as it's the same price and not what I wanted! But I still don't like the brush, it sheds so much hair all over my face. Definite no from me)


MAC is one of my favourite makeup brands I just think it has such a huge variety of products and most of them work really well, and for high end products the prices aren't too expensive either, however thats all I got in this order so let me know if you liked this type of blog post, as I've never done a 'first impressions' in a while!!


Thanks for reading,

Follow on Bloglovin


You may also like

4 comments:

  1. I was never a fan of mac foundation, but I got a makeover there recently and they introduced me to the studio sculpt foundation and I really like. I'm now keen to try others.

    Elaine | Some Of My Favourite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that one! But this one is one of my favourite foundations at the minute I would recommend giving it a go! :)

      Delete
  2. I think I'd like the foundation a lot, my skin is also a bit dry and I love glowy foundations! Pity about the brush, I haven't tried any from MAC so I can't say if they're all short.

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the brushes in a few makeup videos and they all look quite big I'm not sure why its like that haha, still for the quality I'd pick a Zoeva one over MAC any day! Thank you for checking out my blog :)

      Delete