How I Clean My Brushes

/
0 Comments

Say hello to my indrecibly dirty brushes!^^ My brushes get filthy so fast it's ridiculous and cleaning my brushes is a job I hate and can put off for weeks and weeks! There are lots of different products on the market and techniques on how to clean your brushes but here is how I do mine (when I can finally be bothered to sit and clean them all haha)....


First thing's first, you're going to need sort of soap (well I guess the first thing would actually be dirty brushes, but we'll go with you already have some of them!!). There are many brush cleaners you can buy usually with a hefty price tag that comes along with them, but all I use is a simple shower gel. This one is Clean On Me By Soap and Glory (£6.00), if you clean your body with it chances are its good enough for your brushes and I feel its works out just fine for me, I like to use a scented soap as it makes my brushes smell better but if you have super sensitive skin and don't like putting fragranced products on it then a simpler shower gel with no fragrance will the just the same thing.


To clean your brushes all you have to do its dampen your hand with some hot water (hot water is better to use than cold water as it will kill more germs) and put a small pump of shower gel into the palm of your hand, then take the brush and dampen that with hot water and swirl it round in the soap until the suds become white or you feel it is clean, then run the brush under hot water until the water is clear and all of the soap is off the brush, repeat this step with all of your brushes.


Lastly you want to leave your brushes out to dry I like to do them quite late then I can leave them to dry all night and they are ready to be used in the morning, I lay all of my brushes out on a towel, I like to fold one side of the towel and leave the brushes tipping downwards so that none of the water can run onto the brush or else you'll find that the bristles will start to fall out.

So that how I clean my makeup brushes, if you have any questions leave them in the comments. I hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading :)

Charlie xo


You may also like

No comments: