Drugstore Dupes // Dior Addict Lipgloss!

/
0 Comments

I accidentally stumbled across this dupe when I was rummaging through my sisters makeup collection (she doesn't like the L'oreal lipgloss so obviously I took the opportunity to give it a new home haha), the Dior addict glosses (£22.50), have been my favourites for years! They are absolutely amazing and so shimmery, if you don't like glosses with glitter in them you probably won't like these but I personally love them! But for glosses they are quite pricey, but the L'oreal Xtreme Resist Mega Gloss (£6.99), formula is pretty similar!


Both of these glosses have glitter in them, so I know straight away a lot of people won't like that, but personally I do! The L'oreal one is a little but more chunky but you get what you pay for! The finish on them is very similar and I wouldn't say theres too much difference in the wearing time, but glosses don't tend to last for hours anyway!


As you can see the Dior gloss is a bit more peach and the L'oreal one is more pink, the colours aren't spot on but I think they're pretty close! And the L'oreal one has more glitter chunks in it, but they do both look and feel similar. These swatches are one swipe of the dior and two swipes of the L'oreal so it did take a tiny bit more building up, for the price difference this doesn't bother me at all!


The applicators are quite different, one being a sponge and the other being brush hairs. I do think the Dior one packs on more product but the shape of the L'oreal one is really nice and it doesn't take much to build it up. The L'oreal lipgloss does have quite a strong smell, it's quite a typical scent for drugstore lip products and it's the biggest turn off for this product for me personally I hate the smell of these!


The Dior lipgloss doesn't really have a scent, or at least not an offensive one! The brush picks up a lot of product so its great for getting really intense glossy looks. And the packaging is so nice, its such amazing quality! Im a sucker for cute packaging and this is definitely a selling point for me.



Overall I like both of these products, in my opinion the Dior one is better, but mostly due to how fine the glitter is and how off putting the smell of L'oreal one is! I would repurchase them both (I already have a few more shades of the Dior ones) because the smell doesn't last too long, but given the choice I would always go for the Dior Addict Gloss! My favourite thing to do is put the dior one on before I leave the house and top up with the L'oreal, that way it won't sting too much if I lost it! haha

Thanks for reading,

Follow on Bloglovin


You may also like

No comments: